Table of Contents
Restoring a backup
When problem occur after an upgrade of a connectAgent, you can be forced to restore your previous connectAgent. Follow the next procedure to restore your agent. This procedure works on Windows as well as on Linux. Commands may differ. So we use pseudo commands for the process.
- Stop the connectAgent service.
- Create a backup of the current connect-agent directory
- On Linux use tar -czvf connectplaza-agent.tar.gz connectplaza-agent
- on Windows create a zip file via the option on the left mouse button, on most Windows systems
- Create an installation directory for the backup zip somewhere on you system, but not in the connectPlaza installation directory!!
- Copy the backup zip file from your /temp/update/backup to your newly created installation directory for the backup zip. The file look something like: backup-3.1.1-20170608181904.zip
- Go to your newly created installation directory, and unzip the backup file.
- Check that the following directories and files exist:
- readme.txt (file)
- version.xml (file)
- Remove in the original installation directory the following directories:
- Copy from your backup directory all the files to the installation directory of the connectAgent.
- copy /
- Start the connectAgent Service
After restoring the connectAgent, log in to Deploy and turn of your update mechanism.
Copyright © 2019 ConnectPlaza. For pricing, account management and more go to https://www.connectplaza.com