Salesforce API limits
Salesforce API Limits
The article found at this link describes the Salesforce API limits as of API level 47 (the latest version as of the last quarter of 2019).
Of particular note are the following three items
- The number of concurrent API requests with a duration of 20 seconds or longer. The limit for production orgs is 25.
- The total number of API requests per 24-hour period. This number depends on your edition of Salesforce and the number and types of Salesforce licenses you have.
- The total number of concurrent queries. Salesforce limits the number of open query cursors to 10.
The number of API requests done in the current 24-hour period and the limit on the number of API requests, can be found by following the next steps:
- Log in at https://login.salesforce.com.
- Click on the cog icon in the top-right corner of the screen and click on setup.
- Go to Settings > Company Information.
- The info is available under “API Requests, Last 24 Hours”.
This information is also available in the ConnectAgent logs.